Saturday, February 23, 2013

2013 SDGC Liberation Queen Candidate Heather Dione Arceo Events



Buenas yan Hafa Adai,

My name is Heather Dione Arceo. I am 16 years old and a Junior at Eastlake High School in Chula Vista, CA. I was born on the beautiful Island of Guam, grew up in the village Ordot/Chalan Pago and moved to San Diego in December 2003. My parents are Jennifer Arceo and Derrick Bennett; Phillip Gogue Steinberger aka: Benny Gogue. My maternal grandparents are Tommy Jr. Arceo (familian “Dagu” from Sinajana) and Irene Babauta Arceo (familian “Degree“ and “Orong” from Agat). My paternal grandmother is Maria San Nicholas Gogue from Ordot/Chalan Pago. The reason why I want to become a candidate for the Sons & Daughters of Guam Club Liberation Queen is because of my desire to further promote our Chamorro culture and traditions of our people and our beautiful island. I can achieve this by getting the exposure within the San Diego Chamorro Community which will provide me the experience and increase my knowledge of our language, our traditions, and our culture. I hope to be an inspiration to other young Chamorros because I want to keep our Chamorro culture and traditions alive, and learn what it was in the past, what it is now and what we as a people will be in the future.

My great grandparents are: Francisco & Rita Quintanilla Babauta “Nanita” aka: Rita Q. Terlaje from Agat; and Jose Flores & Antonia Finona Leon Guerrero Arceo from Sinajana. I humbly ask for your support on my upcoming fundraiser events.

Un Dankulu na Si Yu’us Ma’ase

si Heather Dione Arceo

No comments:

Post a Comment